Some people are exceptionally skilled in the virtue of patience. When these types of people become parents they use this incredible gift to wait all 40 weeks to know the gender of their baby. I am in awe of these amazing people!
I was dying to know each of our children’s genders. We had to wait until the 20 week anatomy scan to find out the genders of our three kiddos. I absolutely could not wait another 20 weeks to start planning!
I have heard that the surprise of finding out the gender of your baby at their birth is so beautiful. It makes the birthing experience different and unique! However, it can be hard to give a gift when you aren’t sure if it's for a baby boy or girl!
Here’s our short list of gender neutral gift options so you can give a great gift that will work great for a boy or girl!
1. Neutral Colored Clothing: If you’re wanting to get clothes for the new baby then stick to sleepers and onesies. These will work for any gender. Choose colors such as tan or grey or patterns such as zoo animals or starry night.
2. Pacifier: Most babies love infant pacifiers! They are sanity savers! Some popular brands include: NUK, Avent, Ryan and Rose, Dr. Brown’s and Itzy Ritzy.
You should also consider adding a pacifier accessory with your newborn pacifier! A pacifier clip has been the most common option for years. The Ingy Bingy Band is a great new, safe, and cost effective alternative to the pacifier clip. The Ingy Bingy Band is a pacifier wristband that is the perfect gender neutral gift! This pacifier bracelet allows babies to self-soothe from as early as 4 months! Any infant pacifier can attach to this pacifier wristband which allows even the pickiest baby to use this beloved pacifier accessory!
3. Muslim Blankets: These blankets are soft, light and airy. They are perfect for swaddling and cuddling and come in copious amounts of colors and designs to that both boys and girls will love.
4. Bath Items: Everyone needs to bathe! If you’re worried about getting the wrong gift you can never go wrong with bath time items! An animal hooded towel, some shampoo, and some bath toys are a sweet gift to help any baby get squeaky clean after a big day of diaper blowouts and spit up!
5. Sound Machine: A sound machine is a great way to help a baby and the new parents to get the sleep they need! Babies are used to hearing the sounds of their mother’s body while they are in the womb. Using a sound machine at night will help remind them of that safe place and *hopefully* help them sleep better!
Whether you’re having a boy or a girl, all of these gifts will be items that will be used regularly. However, it’s important to remember what matters most isn’t the gifts that are given. Having loving parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends is vastly more important than anything you can buy.
When in doubt, showing up for that baby and supporting him or her is the best gift you can give.