It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The Christmas season is upon us! This season is an absolute joy with littles. It truly is a privilege to experience Christmas through their eyes! However, Christmas with a newborn isn’t quite as exciting as it is with toddlers.
Our first Christmas as parents we didn’t even get our son presents because he didn’t know what was going on. We were in a tight spot financially and decided to forgo the unnecessary gifts. Once our second son was born we knew our baby didn’t need anything for Christmas, but our toddler was going to get suspicious if Santa didn’t bring his little brother anything so we scrambled to figure out what to put in his stocking.
We don’t want you to have to scramble so whether you’re a first time parent or a 6th time parent, here’s a list of perfect little stocking stuffers!
- Pacifiers: Infant pacifiers are sanity savers! Babies love pacifiers because of the sucking motion commonly referred to as nonnutritive sucking. If a baby isn’t using their mama’s breast or a newborn pacifier they are probably sucking on their finger(s) which is a much more difficult habit to break than an infant pacifier! They help your baby become more independent and help you and your baby get better sleep.
- Ingy Bingy Band: I only wish I would have had the Ingy Bingy Band when we had our first child. It’s so frustrating when the infant pacifier keeps falling out! The Ingy Bingy Band is a pacifier wristband designed to help your baby access their pacifier on their own from as early as 4 months!
With a traditional pacifier clip or loose pacifier a baby can’t typically find and use their newborn pacifier on their own until they are 8 months old! That means YOU have to do all the work! This pacifier bracelet is also safer than a traditional pacifier clip. Pacifier clips may be adorable, but they contain parts that are choking hazards and could strangle a child if you aren’t careful.
The Ingy Bingy Band is made of buttery soft material and velcros around your baby’s wrist. There are two models of this amazing pacifier wristband so no matter what infant pacifier your baby prefers it will work with the Ingy Bingy Band!
- Teething Toys: Your baby will start teething between 4-6 months. Teething toys are sure to make your baby so much happier! They help to soothe their sore gums! It doesn’t have to be fancy, but some great teethers include: RazyBaby Silicone teether, Z-Vibe
- Bibs: Baby’s drool constantly once they start teething. They will also start eating solids around roughly the same age. A couple of cute bibs are a great inexpensive stocking stuffer! Tip: Don’t stock up on too many of the same kind in case your baby is irritated by the material or can easily rip it off!
- Utensils: Starter baby utensils are the perfect size to fit in your baby’s stocking! Some unique brands include: Busy Baby, Num Num Baby, and Itzy Ritzy!
Always remember that Christmas isn’t about the gifts. It shouldn’t be a stressful time. Your kids won’t remember the gifts they received, but they will remember the love you bestowed upon them!